The Tweed River Entrance Sand Bypassing Project has published a brochure, several posters and multiple technical papers. These publications are available to download from the links below.
- The project has an informative brochure that describes the project, its objectives, how the system works and why it is needed. The brochure can be viewed in PDF format by clicking on the following link: Tweed River Entrance Sand Bypassing Project brochure (PDF 696 KB).
The Tweed River Entrance Sand Bypassing Project has several project noticeboards which contain information about the project. These are located at Duranbah Beach (near the amenities block), Point Danger, Kennedy Drive, Fingal Boat Ramp and Kirra Surf Life Saving Club. The posters can be viewed in PDF format by clicking on the links below:
- Duranbah Beach (PDF 1.4MB)
- Kirra Beach and Kirra Reef Coastal Management Strategies (PDF 3.5MB)
- Tweed Sand Bypassing (PDF 5.1MB)
The following abstracts of presentations are for more technical information on the project.
The 15th Australasian Coastal and Ocean Engineering Conference, the 8th Australasian Port and Harbour Conference 25 - 28 September 2001 Queensland Australia
- Sand Bypassing the Tweed River Entrance: An Overview (PDF 122KB) Dyson A; Victory S and Connor T
- Tweed River Entrance Sand Bypassing Precommissioning Dredging Works (PDF 66KB) Jackson L A and Corbett B B
- Community Consultation for the Tweed River Entrance Sand Bypassing Project (PDF 1.8MB) Foster M; Cummings P; Connor T; Dyson A; Victory S and McMahon J
- Placement Strategy and Monitoring of the Tweed River Entrance Sand Bypassing Project Nourishment Works (PDF 454KB) Boswood P; Victory S and Lawson S
- Monitoring of Tweed River Entrance Dredging and Nourishment Activities (PDF 165KB) Colleter G; Cummings P; Aguilar P; Walters R and Boswood P
- Environmental Management of the Construction and Operation of a Sand Bypassing System at the Tweed River Entrance (PDF 198KB) Lawson S.; McMahon J and Boswood P
28th International Conference on Coastal Engineering - Solving Coastal Conundrums 7 - 12 July 2002 Cardiff United Kingdom
- Tweed River Entrance Sand Bypassing Project Post Commissioning Coastal Behaviour (PDF 24KB) Dyson A; Lawson S; Victory S; Boswood P; Mahon B; Trucchi L and Cummings P
19th NSW Coastal Conference 2011 Batemans Bay
- Lawson S; Lofthouse J and Taylor I (PDF 2.7MB)
20th NSW Coastal Conference 2012 Tweed Heads
- Acworth C and Lawson S (PDF 3.5MB)
- Patterson D; Boswood P and Elias G (PDF 570KB)
- Helyer Z; Acworth C and Nielsen K (PDF 7.8MB)
Newsletters were prepared during the design, construction and start of operations phases of the sand bypassing system to provide information for residents and visitors.
This archive of most recent newsletters is available please contact us if you require earlier editions.
Page last updated/reviewed: 29 May 2019